WONDERLAND - Boardmasters?

| On
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
As some of you may or may not know, on Sunday (10th August 2014), myself and a few of my friends decided we'd venture out of our boring hometown for a night and go to Boardmasters Festival in Newquay. It wasn't quite an adventurous holiday away or anything like that, as Newquay is practically on our doorsteps, but still, to us it could be 1000 miles away as it is so much better than our rubbish lil' town!

Anyways, we weren't even there to experience Newquay (let's be honest, we could do that any day!) we were there to see Bastille, George Ezra and all the other various acts that would be performing on Sunday night of Boardmasters. So, after lot's of double checking and stressful planning via WhatsApp with 'the crew', we booked to stay in a campsite just outside of Newquay.

We arrived pretty early, set up our four man tent, and the weather was lush with just a bit of wind - pffft storm my arse - when we received pretty bad news... Boardmasters had been cancelled. What made this even more of a downer was the fact that this was the first time it had been cancelled in THIRTY THREE YEARS!? Literally, just our luck. None of us could believe it, I mean it wasn't even raining, and if it did, it was only a little shower - not a storm!? One of our friends who had stayed there for the whole weekend kept us in the loop and informed us that the stages had been ruined due to the storm that happened the night before. Yup, we were pretty gutted, at least we can get refunds though!

So, instead of what we had originally planned to do, we decided to stay in the tent for a bit (we may have got a little merry...) and travel out to Newquay. We didn't get up to much there, apart from walk around and freeze our arses off, well, that last bit may have just been me... Oops. Maybe that's due to what little I wore (and please be aware that this is a joke picture, myself and all of my friends took a picture in exactally the same pose for 'lols'):

Unfortunately, that's the only picture I have where you can see my outfit *cringe*. I wouldn't normally wear something like this, however, I thought I was going to a festival... Wearing wellies around Newquay town centre was pretty interesting to say the least!

For any of you wondering, this is what I'm wearing (I will try to link as many of the items as possible, but some of the bits are pretty old - sorry!):

Earrings - Topshop
Bum bag - a granny bag shop located somewhere in Paigton high-street
Knee-high socks - Primark
Wellies - Primark

And here is a picture of my really sober face - so so cringey - I hardly EVER take selfies:

Apologies for the bad lighting, I was using my iPhone 4 inside a tent, although I can't say I'm really complaining - this picture is so embarrasing. The only reason I'm allowing it to be used in this post is because, sadly, it's the only 'decent' photo I have that shows my festival make-up (even though I didn't go to one this weekend).

For any of you wondering what was on my face, here you go m'lovlies:

Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation
Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer
W7 Brow Bar (applied with a RealTechniques angled brush)
L'oréal Super Liner Eyeliner
Rimmel London Scandel Eyes Mascara
Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Red Sunrise
(I also dotted on some Neon face paints in pink and green)

Rightio, that's it from me! Hope you all had a lovely weekend, let me know what you got up to! Did any of you manage to visit Boardmasters before it got cancelled? Hope you enjoyed this blog post, expect more to come. I pinky promise I'll try to be more consistent!

Cheerio x


Twitter: @xo_chelseey

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment